Wednesday, August 12, 2015

"Times, they are a changin"!




 So true, this song says it all - about the cycles of life, ebbs and flows - surrender, change........I always recall when my Dad died years ago - I received a card in which lines from this song were quoted - and so too the meaning of his life was lovingly blended into the whole of things just as the seasons turn.

And so where am I in the seasons turns.  I am in battle with infection.  A raging battle my body, mind and spirit are fighting against.    I will start round four of oral antibiotics and if these are not successful it is on to IV antibiotics and a stay in the hospital.   I am spinning and turning through all seasons in my frightened mind and heavy heart.  Overwhelmed by the challenges of MS this battle on top of my daily fight for freedom is taking a toll on me, on us.

Also, our living situation is in upheaval.  This house may have to be sold and we will need to live elsewhere.  I struggle because I/we are not making that decision and in that I feel so small, powerless as I wait for decisions to be made that will impact our lives greatly.  I am trying to find where my power lies and right now it is in how I handle the waiting.  Not ideal.

So yes, I am turning and spinning and in waiting all at the same time.  I am overwhelmed and frightened.  I am holding on to Skipp as our world spins.  If I were to give an image of how I feel it would look like this:

imagine a little mouse, in a hole in the bottom of the wall just peeking out to see when it is safe to come out in to the light -

22 comments:

Muffie said...

Oh, Gail, I'm so sorry that life is throwing you such curves. I hope the oral drugs will do the trick, and you won't require a hospital stay. The house changing can be scary -- I'm there, too. Prayers that everything turns out for you. Keep us informed!

Gail said...

HI MUFF - thanks for the prayers - ned all I can get. I will let folks know as things unfold.
Love Gail
peace.....

Finding Pam said...

I am sorry that you are sick and I pray that you get well soon. Sending you love and good thoughts for you and Skip. Remember, one day at a time. Peace and love, Pam

Gail said...

Hi Pam - thanks for the visit and the love and good thoughts

Love Gail
peace.....

Marilyn Miller said...

Yes, somedays are just a matter of being that little frightened mouse. I send to you prayers for recovery and healing. I know it can happen. You will be in my prayers.

mother wintermoon said...

I'm so very sorry to hear you are going through such a rough time. :( I'll be praying for you. I'm keeping you in my thoughts, Gail. Much love and healing hugs, MW

Gail said...

HI MARILYN - thank you for understanding and for your prayers

Love Gail
peace.....

Gail said...

HI WINTERMOON - thank you for the love and healing hugs

Love, Gail
peace.....

MW said...

Just checking in to see how you're doing, Gail. I'm praying for you. Love with hugs, MW

Gail said...

Hello MW nd thank you SO much for caring - Good news! the infection is gone - I am clear. Hallelujah and Amen. I am so relieved and humbled and blessed and feeling light - love to you

Andy said...

Oh Gail, it sounds so awful.

However, I know the infection thing is sorted now, so that's one thing.

I hope you can sort out the housing situation though. Upheaval is not really good.

Thinking of you.

Gail said...

Hi Andy thanks si much. The housing situation will work out - I have faith
Love to you
Gail
peace......

MW said...

I'm so glad the infection has cleared. Yay!! That is wonderful news my sweet friend. I'm praying the housing situation will smooth itself out too. Abundant blessings, MW

Gail said...

HI MW - I am truly relieved and so grateful. The housing issue WILL unfold as it should. I have let go of worry and replaced it with faith. Thank you for caring about me
Love Gail
Peace......

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

So glad to read that the infection has cleared up, that is the last thing you need to deal with. I hope your housing does all work out, that can worry us sick. Faith is what we have to live by....I pray it all calms down.

Gail said...

HI KIM-and thanks for visiting and understanding. I feel so much better and I have let go of worrying about housing - it will all work out as it should. Amen
Love Gail
peace.....

MW said...

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers Gail. Blessings and love to you, MW

Gail said...

MW - thank you so very much for your kindness, care and love
Love Gail
peace.....

Jackie said...

Gail.... I am so sorry that you have had an infection. I pray that you are feeling better and that the infection has been taken care of with medication.
Having to move would make me sad, and I hug you gently as you approach this difficult time. I know that God has the perfect place for you, and I pray for His guidance as you seek it.
Sending you love,
Jackie

Gail said...

Hi Jackie - I am so hppy to see you. :-) The infection is clear - hallelujah - I am good - and the move? It will unfold as it should - we already down-sized when we moved here after 20+ years in our home - so whatever happens is the way it is suppose to be. Hugs to you always. and your Mama and Daddy too
Love Gail
peace.....

MW said...

I'm checking in to see how you're doing now, Gail. Sending prayers and loving thoughts your way, MW

Gail said...

HI MW and thank you - I am finishing up the antibiotics - take the last one Thursday morning. I pray this is it now. I so appreciate you caring -
Love Gail
peace.....