Saturday, October 24, 2009

Surrender and Empower


I wanted to capture some long awaited color - because it was cloudy when I took these it is not as bright in the picture as my actual view. Lovely all the same - our woods are magical and inspiring - golds and oranges and cranberry too - it is lively spattering of spices to behold. Seasoned to perfection. :-) It rained here, all day. The leaves of gold and browns, orange and reds blanket the ground - wet and sparkly, slippery and tossed. I walked outside in the rain - clutching my cane - watching my footing - I loved the cool rain on my face and my long hair being swept around my neck and shoulders. My wind blown hair delighted me. I felt part of nature - one with the promise - the colors - the leaves soggy under my feet - the smell of mud and wet leaves - the darkened sky and misty vision - it was heaven on earth. I was standing amidst the force of nature and it consumed me. I wanted to stay forever. But alas, the wetness began to get the better of me, my damp skin chilled, my hair was wet and matted and my face was dripping. Still, I stood - feeling the oneness - my place, my right, my aliveness, every sense heightened, I was involved, totally involved - I felt my own strength and passion surge - I felt the nature outside on the inside - I saw within what I saw without - for a brief time I was truly one with the universe - a moment I never quite felt before that intently and purely - it was total surrender and I was completely empowered. The two forces crashed together and I emerged anew, wet and anew!
Does any of this make sense?
It was wild and wet and wonderful.

Love Gail
peace........

12 comments:

Cindy said...

Oh Gail, I can just see you out walking in the rain with your cane, it is a wonderful feeling isn't it. Hopefully you don't get sick if it was cold out...sometimes we just got to do what we feeel. I am so glad you got to feel that way today. No rain here, soon I will be out catching snowflakes on my tongue though. Have a great evening, catch up with you soon. Big Hugs and love, cinner

Jackie said...

I love to wak in the rain...as long as the lightning isn't accompanying me...I too love the feel of the water on my face and in my hair. It is oneness with nature, Gail...
Tremendously told in your blog.
Love,
Jackie

The Rambling Taoist said...

Your photos remind me of one of the few things I miss about the Midwest -- vibrant fall colors. In my neck of the woods, the colors tend to be much duller and, since the majority of trees in this area are evergreens, only about 1/3 lose their "leaves" anyway.

Bernie said...

You really lived in the moment today my friend, something we all want to do but it's much harder than it seems....you captured your moment and described it perfectly. So glad you enjoyed your time outside in nature, please be careful walking on your own when the weather is not the best though. Have a great Sunday......:-) Hugs

Gail said...

@CINNER-
I came in and put on warm dry clothes, dried my hair and had some hot green tea. :-)
And I love catching snow flakes on my tongue!!

@TEACHER'S PET-JACKIE
I hear ya on the 'no lightning'1 :-) It really was so wonderful to feel nature so intently.

HI R T-

I would miss the colorful Autumn season too. Hope you are having a peaceful weekend with Della.

@BERNIE-

Or the moment captured me!!! :-) I have to admit I was a bit nervous being outside given my recent fall - but I also felt that I should work though the fear - I was extremely careful though.


Love to you all
Gail
peace.....

Anne said...

Gail,
Your photos were beautiful! I so enjoyed walking with you even in the rain. Thank you so much for sharing the foilage. I do miss all the changing of the leaves. And yes, I do agree the beauty of nature is a wonderful feeling.
Take care.

Margie said...

Gail, it makes such perfect sense to me as I so get lost in nature the way you do!

Thank you for sharing the joy you experienced walking in the rain.
Loved it!
Such joy!

Loved the photos too!
Thank you and enjoy the rest of your day.

Margie:)

Wanda..... said...

It makes total sense to me Gail...I was out in the rain a few days ago...with wind blowing and leaves falling all around. I often feel totally "Alone" and "One" in the woods, but yet feeling so much a part of something greater.

Gail said...

@WANDA-

"Thank you" for normalizing my experience - phew. I SO Love your nature-land woods and walks with you.

@MARGIE-

And thank you too for normalizing my experience. I know how much you love nature as well. :-)

@CHOICES-ANNE

And thank you too for telling me you enjoyed walking in the rain with me. I would miss the colors of Autumn too.!


Love to all of you
Gail
peace......

Eileen said...

Yes, Gail, I think I know what you are talking about. It's happened to me a few times at the beach, and while hiking in the woods, and sometimes even on my own back deck sitting out in the sun with my eyes closed. For me it's almost as if Heaven and Earth come together, and I feel one with Nature and one with God, and I feel empowered and yet so humbled to be a part of something so great. It's a wonderful feeling, I feel almost removed from myself yet so very much alive, and it's so peaceful.

So glad you had your own experience with God and His Creation!
Love to you!,
Eileen

Gail said...

HI EILEEN-

Your beautiful words described my experience perfectly - thank you.

Love you
Gail
peace.....

Rose Marie Raccioppi said...

"The leaves of gold and browns, orange and reds blanket the ground - wet and sparkly, slippery and tossed. I walked outside in the rain - clutching my cane - watching my footing - I loved the cool rain on my face and my long hair being swept around my neck and shoulders. My wind blown hair delighted me. I felt part of nature - one with the promise - the colors - the leaves soggy under my feet - the smell of mud and wet leaves - the darkened sky and misty vision - it was heaven on earth."

Yes, Dear Gail, it all does "make sense." Sensibilities and SPIRIT became ONE. You, all the feelings, all the Presence, ONE with the allowing, ONE with the transformation.

In loving celebration,

Rose Marie