Monday, December 8, 2008

Sometines There Just Aren't Enough Rocks

Yesterday we had "mood snow.". I really savored the innocence of every flake. It was the purification I needed following Saturday's revelations. I remembered. I didn't die because of it. I went to my brook and threw rocks, although, like a line in Forrest Gump when Forrest said to Jenny, while she was throwing rocks at her father's house where she was abused, - "My Mama always says, sometimes there just aren't enough rocks." Geeze, is that the fucking truth or what?

I am actually surprised at my adjustment- how I made room for more truth, more of me. I have been avoiding this piece for a while now. Funny how another person's dream sparked my own, and how a debate started the eruption and how the honest writings of another, so close to my own, urged my surrender. I also know, believe, that I had to be ready or all the events that sparked recall would have sent me on a path of building thicker walls, deeper recessions, better hiding and more wine for levity.

I feel like I made it through some 'procedure' I had been fearing. I guess I did, I did indeed.

Gail
peace

3 comments:

PENolan said...

Yeah - you made it through a rough procedure. Forrest Gump's mother was a very wise woman. I wonder if she was someone's real mom somewhere. I may add her to my cast of internal characters for when I need to calm the fuck down.

Comrade Kevin said...

I'm proud of you.

Gail said...

Hi Trish and Kevin

Trish- I think I know a gazillion lines from that movie. :-)
And you are right, Forrest's Mom is a good character to recall.
Love,
Gail
peace....


Kevin - "Thank you" Your words mean a lot.

Love,
Gail
peace.....